1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Got a well-paying job.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly can't remember.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can think of, but someone close to me did adopt.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I can think of.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
An idea what I want to do with my life.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hrm...can't think of any particular dates. It honestly hasn't been that momentous a year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Rescuing the puppies.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Taking a year off from school.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I smashed my toe, but nothing big.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine, but only on occaison. Everyone who voted for Bush.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the black hole where it always goes...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My Midwestern adventure
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Pretty much anything by Mary Prankster
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Hanging out with the extended fam
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Didn't fall in love. Remained in love.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
What Not To Wear or Plastic Surgery: Before and After
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes. I know more people now that I did at this time last year.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveller's Wife
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
Time off from school, a decent job, a KitchenAid mixer
28. What did you want and not get?
A clue as to what I want out of this world, God
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm...Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, maybe?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 25. We went to a hilarious stage presentation/showing of Dirty Dancing and to brunch the next day.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I. love. yoga. pants.
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
If "fancy" is code for "want to bang," I'd have to go with Angelina Jolie. Again. Still.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Em/Brooke/Terri/Flea/Eisbar. It was a great trip.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004
That I actually can make a difference in someone's/something's life with a little effort.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
I'll come back to that one. Have to think on it.