I, too, have been bitten by the interview meme bug. Below are my answers to questions from the amazing Krupskya, over at The Edit Barn. If you would like questions from me, let me know in the comments! If you'd like to ask me questions, that's cool too. I love to be interviewed!!
1. What do you miss most about where you used to live? (Statewise, not housewise.)
Oh, if only you knew the can of worms this opens...what don't I miss about Oregon (well, besides the weather)? I miss real trees, real coffee, real salmon. I miss knowing where everything is. I miss liberal politics (well, compared to here, anyway). I miss being close to my mom.
2. Time and money aren't an issue. What do you go back to school to study?
I'd start with a history Ph.D. I might go to law school. I'd take some communications courses. I might go to midwifery school.
3. What skill do you wish you had?
This varies depending on what I am trying to do, but as we've been putting together furniture lately, I really wish my spacial imagination were better. I just can't see how things are supposed to fit together the way some people can, and it makes me crazy.
4. When did you know that the house you're in now was The One?
Pretty much the minute we drove up. There is a hand-bent wrought iron gate in the front that leads into a small courtyard/front porch area with a brick water fountain. I barely had to be out of the car to know that if the inside was anything like the outside, this was The One.
5. If you could change one thing about Mark, what would it be?
It should be a small thing, but I'd have to say that I'd make him move faster. He dawdles, and it makes me absolutely insane. I am always ready to leave or ready to start a project or watch a movie or whatever 15 minutes before he finally gets to it, and he never really seems to be doing anything in the meantime. It drives me up a wall. Also, when we're working on something, he takes too many breaks, rather than just keeping nose to grindstone to get it finished. That drives me nuts as well.
And now, my questions for Krup:
1. When you imagine your kids as adults, what do you imagine them to be like?
2. What will you miss most about your present house when you move?
3. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
4. What's the most angry you ever remember being?
5. What is your greatest virtue? Vice?