Today's Monday Meme is about appearance. Probably not a great subject for me right now, but I am devoid of content, so I'll do it anyway. It's from here.
1. What physical feature do you get complemented on the most? What do you think of that feature?
I have always gotten compliments about my skin. So far, I've been really blessed with very clear, smooth skin with consistent color. It's nice. My mom said her's was like that until she was in her 30s, though, so it could be temporary.
2. What do you like best about your appearance?
I like that my body is generally pretty competent and athletic looking, at least when clothed/when you don't look too closely. Also, I have a great back.
3. What do you like the least about your appearance?
Currently, quite a few things. Hair needs correctional color, is too dry, has dandruff. Sick of wearing glasses. Overweight, with hips as wide as a damn doorway. Funny, pointy face that never looks anything but scary in photographs. You name it.
4. What is the most extreme thing you have done to try to change your looks? Surgery? Hair dye? Dieting?
Lots of hair dye--just about every color under the sun. Going from long hair to very very short hair (I've actually done this two or three times).
5. If you could look anyway you wanted, how would you look?
This is a really intersting question, and it's one I don't really have a pat answer for. The physical body I see going with my internal self is NOTHING like what I really look like. I imagine myself as small, short and slight, which I have never been. But I don't know that I would really choose to look that way. I think it's more likely that I'd want to look like me, but on my very best day. Me only better. Sounds like a cosmetics slogan, doesn't it?