I got these meme instructions over at Frog's place, and I think this is a really good one. Join me?
Post to your blog with a list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and interest-related ("I'd love a Julie Andrews icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for new Playmobil pirates") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car.") The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
Make sure you post some version of these guidelines, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your blogroll to see who has posted a list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy.
There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Wish and it might come true. Give and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My ten wishes:
- I've love to get something homemade. I used to get a lot more homemade presents, when everyone I know had more time and less money, and I miss it.
- I'd like some of my favorite Trader Joe's stuff--I miss Trader Joe's, especially the Honey Mango shave gel and the excellent dried fruit.
- I really, really want a Superhero necklace.
- I'd love for people to donate to their local animal shelters or rescue organizations if and when they are doing their end-of-the-year donating. They really, really need us.
- I saw some of this art today, and I'm in love with it. I would adore something from this collection.
- This is something I need so badly that I even want it: a calculus tutor.
- It would be great to find some new magazines I could look forward to every month. I get and enjoy Bitch and Bust, but there has to be more out there, right?
- It would be fantastic if folks made an effort to do their Christmas shopping (assuming they are last minute types) at local and independant businesses. It would be even better if this was the start of a year-long commitment to do more to support local and indie business.
- I desperately want some cowboy boots.
- I want someone to nominate me for TLC's What Not to Wear. I am all over being humiliated on national TV for the sake of $5,000 in free clothes and a haircut by Nick Arroyo. Carmandy would be a problem, though...