A trio of year end/beginning memes from Frog.
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I need more sleep. I should definitely not go to work today.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Less than $5.
3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"?
4. Favorite planet?
My selfish preference is for the one I'm on.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell?
6. What is your favorite ring on your phone?
I have been using a dog barking one I downloaded for months. I'm OK with anything that's not going to get stuck in my head and doesn't go on for too long, though.
7. What kind of shirt are you wearing?
Lucky Mutts Rescue t-shirt.
8. Do you "label" yourself?
No more than I have to, but when necessary, yes.
9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing?
Old Navy flipflops.
10. Bright or dark room?
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
She's firm in her convictions.
13. what happened to number 12?
Why would I care?
14. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Trying to sleep.
15. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
It was some sales bs from T-Mobile, I'm sure. Nobody else ever text messages me.
16. Where is your nearest 7-11?
I don't even know if we have 7-11 down here.
17. What's a saying that you say a lot?
18.Who told you they loved you last?
19. Last furry thing you touched?
20. How Many Drugs Have You Done In The Past three Days?
Um...caffeine, Lexapro, Zyrtec, Apri, alcohol. Five.
21. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
22. Favorite age you have been so far?
Gets better every year.
23. Your worst enemy?
24. What is your current desktop picture?
25. What was the last thing you said to someone?
26. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to change a major regret?
The million. I don't have any regrets worth a million dollars.
27. Do you like or love somebody right now?
Of course. Many people, in fact.
Number 2, The Year in Review:
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Bought a house.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I already went over this, but I kept 3/4 of them from last year, and made 12 new ones for this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, though some e-friends are closing in on their due date.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Early July--Chance died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying the house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing to lose any substantial weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No more than usual.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Again, the house.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My fellow Texans post-Katrina.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Where should I begin?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Target and The Goodwill.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Boston, going to Ann Arbor, cutting my hair.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Nothing comes to mind.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
About the same, I think.
b) thinner or fatter?
A bit fatter.
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with various and sundry family members.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes, with Leo.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Hrm...probably Entourage or The Wire.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Pack of Two by Caroline Knapp.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
Leo and Atticus
28. What did you want and not get?
Chance to live; a new job.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Good Night, and Good Luck, Capote, Walk the Line.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We had a small dinner party at our house. I turned 26.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A different job.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
"The same clothes as last year, only tighter."
33. What kept you sane?
Mark, my pets.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Viscerally, Angelina Jolie and Adrian Grenier. Emotionally, Johnny Cash.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hrm...lots of people, but my two sistercousin's fabulous boyfriends, Jeff and Eric, come to mind right now, since I just saw them.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Never underestimate the power of dog.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"This is home/it's where I want to be/this is home/let's make a family."
And finally, Number 3:
1. What is the best gift you received this year? (Tangible gifts only, please!)
I've got to go with my Superhero necklace.
2. What is the best gift you gave this year?
The Poppet sketch of Mark and Chance.
3. When did you do most of your shopping/creating?
Between Thanksgiving and December 15 or so. And I think it was 100% shopping this year. Hopefully more creating next year.
4. Did you go shopping the day after Thanksgiving (U.S.)?
Day after Christmas?