Inspired by Frog, I am celebrating the (more or less) halfway point of 2006 by checking on progress with my New Year's Resolutions.:
1. Get back on a 4-5 day a week gym schedule.
Haven't done it. Haven't even tried. Have to get on this one.
2. Get back on a 2 shots a week allergy shot schedule.
I actually bagged the whole allergy shot plan, and I'm fine with that, so this one can be crossed out.
3. Get my finances under control, including upping my savings percentage and IRA contributions.
This one is in progress. I have a plan, and I'm following it, but I'm not out of debt and saving the way I should be quite yet.
4. Get some writing published.
Thanks to Karen, this one is done.
5. Read for pleasure during the school semester.
I think I did this during the spring semester, but I can't completely remember. At any rate, I'm doing it now.
6. Learn enough calculus to finish my graduation requirements.
7. Start writing letters on paper again, rather than just emails.
Haven't done as much of this as I'd intended, but I did order some new stationary, so hopefully that will inspire me to get on it. I'd like to write and mail 1-2 letters/week.
8. Divest myself of unnecessary posessions, and don't replace them.
I think I've made progress here, but not as much as I'd like. Have to keep working on it.
9. Commit myself to finding a more challenging job.
Did it and feel very good about it.
I have submitted several volunteer applications, but haven't been able to get anything yet. Need to start working on that again, I guess, but it's very frustrating.
11. Think about writing less; write more.
Another one I've made some progress towards, but need to continue working on.
12. Remember birthdays.
For the first half of the year, I've done very well with this one.