Maybe it's not exactly original, but I haven't done this yet today, and I think it's important. Today and every day.
Things for which I am thankful:
1. Mark. I don't talk about him or our relationship much here, but he is wonderful and things are good. I am truly thankful for him.
2. My pets. This I do talk about often, but I can't stress it enough--my dogs and cats bring more joy to my life than I ever would have imagined. I am a better person because of them, and also a happier one.
3. My creature comforts. This is maybe not something I should stress, but God is it ever good to have a hot bath, a soft bed, good coffee in the morning...my life is so, so lush, and I really am thankful.
4. The children in my life. I spent a good deal of time with two of my "small friends" (TM Frog) today, and I truly just love being around them. While I am still unsure about whether or not I want to parent myself, I know for sure that I always want children in my life, and I am very lucky to have the ones I do.
5. Blogging. Meta, maybe. Even stupid. But blogging has added a ton to my life. Not only have I met some wonderful people through it, but I've really gotten back into writing daily or near-daily, which is an absolute gift.
There's more--a lot more--but that's good enough for now. It's been a great day, but a very long one, and now it's time to veg.