It is making the rounds, so I might as well:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Had to wait until the tail end of the year, but I left the U.S.!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year's resolutions, or goals, really, are here. I basically failed on all counts. Bah.
I will probably answer this question more completely once I get back to Texas and my real life and all that, but basically, in 2008, I have to get my shit together financially. Really.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
All over the damn place! There are four new little boys in my life this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
Norway! And the airport in England.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Ability to stick to my goals. Days when my allergies are not killing me.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Dates almost never stick in my head.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally finishing my god-forsaken masters degree.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing even more control of my finances. And continuing to gain weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Food poisoning that was pretty much the worst thing ever. Plantar faciitis that makes me angry at God. Allergies that do the same.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I have no idea. Most of what I bought wasn't worth it, probably.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mother continues to amaze me with how she handles her constant pain with good grace. My brother seems to have grown up a lot, which is great. And I am continually inspired by the parenting of my friends N. and Z., S. and C., and S. and T.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Michael Vick comes to mind right off.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Gah, I don't know. Stupid stuff I could have done without, mainly. Lots of thrifting. Clothes for my multiple sizes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to Norway. Finishing school. Discovering Buffy. BlogHer.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
The one Lindsey sings in Angel.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?
About the same?
b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter fatter fatter.
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer. Though I actually make more money. Go me.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveled. I always wish I had done more of that.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Making empty promises to myself.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Oregon with the fam. It was great.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No new love, but the same old love is going swimmingly, which is just as good.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Buffy Buffy Buffy!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Hmm...several come to mind. The Midwife's Tale. Packinghouse Daughter. But the discovery of Marion Winik is probably the best literary thing that happened to me this year.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Grace Potter and Christine Kane.
26. What did you want and get?
A trip to Europe. My masters.
27. What did you want and not get?
A paid off credit card.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't think of what I saw this year that were new, but The Farmer's Wife was wonderful.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went out to dinner with friends. I was 28.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Again with the debt repayment.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Can you believe I spent money on these clothes?
32. What kept you sane?
The animals. Mark, much of the time. Blogging.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Would you hate me if I said I stopped caring?
35. Who did you miss?
My mom. I always miss her.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm....I have made some excellent new online friends. And I am awfully fond of my new small friends.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
It is not enough to say you are going to do something. You have to actually do it. And international travel is so not that hard.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Four legs good, two legs bad.