I'm in a bit of a mood today, so I am going to make a Christmas list of items from Etsy that I wish lived at my house. Feel free to use any and all ideas. And not just this for me--it's all about supporting handmade this Christmas!
Editing on 12/5/08: This list is in progress. I keep adding to it every day. So I made categories. To make it easier. Because I'm retentive like that.
- oktag XL Frame Pouch ($47): I'm not really a clutch-carrying type, but I swear if I had one of these I would be. I like them all, but the pears on gray are my favorite.
- Modica single circle wood and resin necklace ($35): I love how simple and stunning this is. I think I'd want one of the warmer, red-toned colors, to compliment the wood. I like some of the more intense stuff on the site too, but keep coming back to this basic necklace...though I really dig the three circle one as well.
- Bluevivor Altered Ephemera Dangerous Cowgirls pendant ($5): Again, I love all of these. However, this cowgirl one speaks to me.
- Lillyella Lily of the Valley Brass Necklace ($18): This necklace would be a departure from my nearly all-silver jewelry, but I really love it. It's so chunky and yet so fragile looking. Nice price, too!
- Polarity Grace Recycled Magnetic Locket Set ($16): These magnetic lockets are SO cool, and how much cooler to have different interchangeable faces? And that they're made from recycled materials? And that this one is my name? I want.
- Everdreamdesigns Multi Color Glass Bead Wrap Bracelet ($8.99): I want this in my stocking! I don't usually wear bracelets, but this is so gorgeous and unusual, I'd make an exception. I love that it's flexible and made with memory wire, too. And what a great price!
- Javagaldesigns Brew Bags - Hawaiian Flowers - Upcycled Burlap Coffee Purse ($50): Cool bags made out of burlap coffee sacks! Is it just me, or does that rule? My favorite is this colorful mid-sized Hawaiian one.
- Mt Joy School Mixed Media Painting/Collage ($46): Isn't this beautiful? And, unlike my usual taste in art, it's decidedly happy. I want it to be in my house. Maybe in my bedroom.
- Swallowfield A Room of One's Own Archival Print ($18): Honestly, there isn't a single thing in this shop I don't covet, but I *think* this is my favorite.
- Dada Dreams "Why Buy The Cow When You Can Get the Milk for Free?" original collage ($20): Again, I love just about everything on this site, but this I reaalllly want.
- Dogartstudio Custom Watercolor Pet Portrait ($250): I would so love to have one of these done of Leo. I love this style, and to have it be a watercolor would be fantastic. Maybe one day.
- Yumiyumi Wild Garden (kaleidoscopic) print ($20): Do you think maybe I have a thing for brightly colored prints?
- Matteart Charlie Bird Print ($35): Question: do I ever get sick of quirky prints? Answer: no. This is another artist whose work I can't get enough of, but Charlie Bird is my favorite.
- Dazeychic "I Love Your Utensils" Prints ($75): I feel very strongly that my perfect kitchen will be built around these prints. I just need my cohabitant to buy into that dream.
- Artgoodies Block Print Bird Towel set ($85): Yes, I know, $85 is too much to pay for a half dozen kitchen towels. But these are so, so gorgeous.
- Skinnylaminx Borrowed Spoons Tea Towel ($12): Like prints, I seem to have a thing for kitchen towels right now. I love the mod look of this one.
- Dozi 2009 Pocket Planner ($11): So lovely, so minimalist, so useful, and not too expensive, either!
- Bill O'Neil Surfer King Mod Abstract Mousepad ($15.95): Isn't this just cool? I actually have a custom photograph mousepad that I love at work, but this would be great for home.
- Annacote Botanical Note Set ($18): I'm such a sucker for stationary. And for minimalist prints inspired by the natural world. And for saturated colors. Can I just have these, please?
- oiseaux Personalized Blue Bird Vintage Bookplates ($15.25): I love the idea of book plates. I have no idea if I would actually use them if I had them, but I think I would if I had these ones.
- 3SistersLove 2009 Desk Calendar ($20): Isn't this letterpress calendar beautiful? I want one on my desk.
- SimplyEmbellish Botanical Block Print Wall Calendar ($15): Yes, it's another printed botanically inspired calendar, but this one is done with wood block printing. Isn't it just completely gorgeous? I'm in awe.
- Sugarskull7 Roots hand-carved rubber stamp ($8): I'm really into the idea of stamps lately. I don't actually own any, so I don't know if I'd like them in reality or not. This shop has some great ones, but this tree is my favorite. I feel sure that if I found it in my stocking, I'd stamp up a storm. Other fantastic ones are the Happy Monster ($8), Dewey the Corgi ($10), and Mason jar ($6)
Bath and Body
- MoonsHarvest Bath Bomb Gift Set ($22.75): I realize I am supposed to take care of my own needs in this area, but I'd so like someone else to do the work for once, and these are particularly fetching and VERY well priced.
- ShopRed Leaf Women's Spa Gift Set ($48): ShopRedLeaf is the Etsy store I wish Crushworthy was. The packaging is so beyond gorgeous. I want. And I especially want to try their "bubble bath dough," which is included in this nice gift set and also sold separately. I do wish the ingredients were listed, though.
That was fun! I'm in a much better mood now!