It's not that the contents are bad--in fact, I think it's the most substantial of the three LBBs I have received. But, there are a lot of duplicates, and given that, for me, the whole point is introduction to new products, that is disappointing.
This month's new offerings were:
- From SBS Teas, a sample of chai tea soap, an almond biscotti tea sachet, a 15% off coupon, and a small Dove chocolate
- From Pegg Macko Designs, a very cool collage-style thank you card
- A hairpin decorated with a cloth rosebud and a 10% discount coupon from Kitty Hawke
- A crocheted face scrubber and a 15% off coupon from Jodi's Craft Emporium (there were two of these from other companies in February's box)
- A blackberry apple soap sample from The Soap Seduction
- A lemongrass wax burner melt from Silver City Scentsations
- A pair of green fused glass earrings and a free shipping coupon from Penny Glass Girl
Duplicates from previous months were:
- A blank card from Crye's Creations
- The exact same pair of black bead earrings from Estancia Designs as last month
- A pair of orange balloon earrings and a BOGO coupon from On Beyond Zebra
- Four small oatmeal and peanut butter dog treats and a 10% off coupon from Stylin' Pup Pillows
- A pair of orange and yellow beaded earrings from Hippy Dippy Designs (which seems to be now be out of business)
- A Lime Cooler votive candle from Scentsory Candles
- A 2 oz sample of Orange Chiffon Cake sugar scrub and a 1 oz sample of Healing Lotion from Heaven and Earth Essentials
- The same Simply Sentimental 10% off coupon as in the February box
- A raspberry lemonade tart cup and a 15% off coupon from Kreations by Kathie
- The exact same Ceylon Black Tea sugar scrub sample from Bauble Bath as was in the March box
- Another skull and crossbones tag from Designs by Tami
- The same LBB button as was in the last two boxes
See my issue?
To answer a question I've had before, I'd say you could get 3-4 small gifts from this sample package. Three of the four pairs of earrings would work as a gift (and the fourth pair, the ones from On Beyond Zebra, would likely work for a child's gift). The Ceylon Tea sugar scrub and Heaven and Earth Essentials products are also big enough samples to give as gifts without feeling cheap.
All in all, though, I'm disappointed. These are small, sample products. If the LBB doesn't introduce me to fabulous new companies, it's not really worth my time or money. So, I think I'll give it a few months before I order again and see if there are new participants on board.
Addendum: After giving it a bit of thought, I emailed this review of the April LBB, as well as my thoughts on the March and February boxes, to the LBB owner, Kimberlee. Kimberlee said that she was sorry I was disappointed and that I may have received a leftover March box by mistake for April, explaining all the duplication. She then asked for my address so that she could send me the May box free of charge. That is excellent customer service, and I couldn't be happier. So, stay tuned--turns out that I will be telling you all about May's offering!