I've been giving a lot of thought lately to where I want to go with What If No One's Watching? in the near future. The more I blog about clothes, makeup, decor, shopping, etc., the more feedback and audience I seem to be drawing. When I asked you all what you wanted me to blog about, the great majority of you picked topics in that realm. This really surprises me. I've always tried to temper my posts about these things with other topics, because I thought too many of them might be boring for you all, but that really doesn't seem to be the case.
So...I'm thinking I'll roll with the changing focus that seems to be moving of its own volition at this point. I like to blog about clothes, makeup, thrifting, decor items, etc. Those subjects may not be "serious," but they make me happy. And if you like to read about them, then what would be better?
I'm not saying WINOW is now a beauty/fashion blog exclusively. I still just don't have it in me to be a single-subject blogger, regardless of expert advice. But I am going to start focusing a little more on the general category of "style." I considered starting a new blog for this endeavor (I even bought a domain for it), but in reality I don't see myself contributing regularly to two personal blogs, so I think it makes more sense to just let this one morph.
So, what can you expect to see here?
1. I am extremely happy with how the first post in the Dress You Up series turned out, and plan to do a lot more of those. If you would like to be a subject, PLEASE email me at email@example.com.
2. I am also really enjoying doing the Super Style Icon series, and have come to a reasonable solution as far as picture use, so I'm going to continue doing those posts.
3. I plan to continue posting along with Thrift Share Monday, as I really dig that community and it's always fun to show off my thrifted finds.
4. I am hoping to increase the product reviews and giveaways I do here, even if I end up having to fund some of them myself. I do seem to be slowing breaking into this space, though, so look for more of that content in the coming months.
5. Though it may not fit neatly in with the other categories I enjoy discussing, I intend to keep talking about money and finances here, because I think it's important and good for me. Like broccoli.
Other than that, I'm pretty flexible. I want to write about things that interest me, but I also want to write about things that interest you--especially things that move you to comment and join the conversation! I've noticed a huge uptick in comments with my 30for30 posts--does that indicate you'd like to see daily outfits posts more regularly? It's a complete time suck, so I'm not sure I can commit to doing it every day, but I could do it on a more regular basis if folks are interested. I also plan to keep working off the suggestion list I got with the Lush contest entries, which should keep me busy for a bit!
So here's what I'm asking you to do--help me build my audience. If you read and enjoy this blog, recommend it to someone! You can do it easily online (via Twitter or Facebook or a shout-out on your own blog), or even just mention it to a friend. I want this community to grow and I'm very happy that we seem to slowly be doing just that. There have recently been a number of comments from new folks here, and that makes me just about as happy as I can be. Let's keep up the momentum!