A few months back, I posted about the type of style I'd like to have for spring. The style I was drawn to then was very ladylike--cardigans, kitten heels, charm bracelets. While I still like that style, I am craving something very different for summer. Something almost opposite. I thought I'd give you a peek.
This is how I would like to dress this summer:
$28 - tillys.com
$20 - tillys.com
30 GBP - axparis.co.uk
$40 - ae.com
$25 - oldnavy.gap.com
9.99 GBP - hm.com
$50 - ae.com
$59 - endless.com
$53 - nordstrom.com
$25 - papayaclothing.com
$30 - pacsun.com
$38 - anthropologie.com
$18 - piperlime.gap.com
$14 - nordstrom.com
$34 - bloomingdales.com
$19 - unique-vintage.com
I want my summer style to focus on comfort, breeziness, and pattern and color. I love the idea of an army of maxi dresses, worn with colorful, fun jewelry. I want to feel free.
Here are some ways my summer style ideal is a change from the one I had for this spring:
1. I am sick to death of skinny jeans--bring on the flares!
2. No more subtle color--make it bright!
3. Forget about that attempt at preppy (argyle sweater vest?)--I'm a hippy at heart.
4. No more inspiration from the 50s--let's take some from the 70s.
5. No more blowing out my hair, I am going to wear it wavy and natural or throw it up in a messy summer bun.
6. Less jewelry is not more. More jewelry is more.
Basically, I want to make my summer style a whole lot less martini and a whole lot more cold beer. What do you think? What are you lusting to wear this summer?