I'm a bit late in the month for this, but how about a check-in on my 2013 resolutions?
English: New Year's Resolutions postcard (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
1. Read 40 books.Kicking butt on this one. As of mid-February, I should have read 5 books to be on-track. I've completed 11 (3 audio, 4 electronic, 4 paper) and have 3 more (one of each format) in progress. I'm currently at 6 non-fiction and 5 fiction, for whatever that is worth.
2. Send birthday cards to my friends/family.
Doing well here, too. I sent 5 in January and 3 in February! I'm going to expand this goal to include more mail-related efforts, but I'll tell you about that in another post.
3. Use the 52 Week Savings Plan.
This one is happening automatically.
4. Prioritize visits with friends (at least 4).
No progress here yet, but there are two friend visits on my March calendar.
5. Complete the Couch to 5K, then reassess.
I was doing well with this (completed up through Week 5), until I got sidelined with a stupid injury. I was really enjoying it, too. Hopefully I'll be back to it in a couple of weeks.
6. Blog at least three times a week.
Success on this one! I blogged three times a week every week of January and every week so far in February.
7. Do something to improve my space every month.
Doing pretty well with this one. My focus so far has mostly been on decluttering, but I've also fashioned myself a new nightstand from a thrifted piece and put a new collage of photos in my living room, so I'll call this one a yes.
No movement here. yet. :(
9. Institute a gratitude practice.
I'll say more about this in another post later, too, but I've been very successful with this one and have completed a nightly gratitude list for each of the last 27 or 28 days.
10. Re-engage in social media.
I'm doing well with this one, particularly in upping my participation on Facebook, Twitter, and (especially) Pinterest. Still need to work on getting more comments on blogs, but I am reading more blogs, so that's a start.
11. Get a new job.
Nothing so far.
12. Play with the baby.
I feel pretty good about this one. I spend the largest part of every day with my son, and I spend a lot of it not just caring for him, but interacting with him. This is more and more true all the time, as he gets older and easier to play with. It's an incredible, incredible experience.
I'd say I am doing well so far. Obviously I want some movement on the job front, and I'm a little disappointed not to have done anything about getting some volunteering in, but everything else is in good shape. So far, I feel pretty good about 2013.