As I mentioned briefly in one of my post-BlogHer posts, one BlogHer high point for me was Jessica Gottlieb giving me a bag of goodies from Sephora. By this point, my undying love for Sephora is a given here at WINOW, so you won't be surprised that I pretty much jumped for joy when that happened.
So, what was in the bag?
- A gorgeous red hanging bag from Sephora's Film Noir Red Diamond Bag Collection. Pretty shiny red, lots of space, easy to wipe off makeup spills. Lovely.
- A Sephora Brand Double-Ended Grab'n Go Brush. One end is a powder brush; one is an eye shadow brush. The two-in-one design would be great for traveling, since you'd really only need to bring one brush, and the bright color is really fun. The bristles are synthetic and quite soft.
- A Sephora Brand Colorful Mono Eyeshadow, in Mysterious Forest 46, a "dark smokey green with iridescent glitter." This stuff is so cool. The dark green is a great color for me, and the glitter isn't overpowering. It actually reminds me quite a bit of M.A.C., and that's high praise for any eye shadow and very high praise for an eye shadow that costs $12.
- A bottle of Sephora by OPI nail polish, in 212-Sephora, a "smoky black with iridescent, gold and copper glitter." This I haven't actually used yet, as I'm not huge on glitter polish, but is lovely in the bottle.
- A Sephora Brand SEPHORA PURE Natural Palette - Star Gazer Edition. This thing is rad. It's Sephora's new eco-friendly line, and it contains six eye colors and a blush. The eye colors range from Aurora, which is a very light silver, to Orion, a bright, shimmery purple. The blush is Soleil, which is very classic pink (something like NARS Orgasm). It's all together in handy, durable container, and the products are all free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes, etc.
- Finally, a sample bottle of one of Kat Von D's new fragrances, Sinner. It's part of a set with another fragrance, Saint. Sinner's scent profile is "Light, delicate top notes of orange blossom, refreshing mandarin, and fleshy plum create beautiful a contrast with a provocative, sultry heart. Rich jasmine blends seamlessly with a white-flower bouquet, beautifully tainted by the spicy warmth of cinnamon--an herb associated with ancient rituals of pleasure. A dark, mysterious back of earthy vetiver, patchouli, and woods enveloped in creamy vanilla and sensual musk lingers on the skin." Sniffing it from the bottle, the heavy scents to me are the jasmine and cinnamon, with the vetiver and patchouli coming through pretty well, too. Hard to say what it would smell like on, though, as I've not tried it.
And why haven't I tried it? Well, that's where YOU come in! When I win, you win, so I'm giving away the bottle of Sinner and the Sephora PURE Star Gazer palette! Both have been examined by me, but neither has been used. Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite makeup product and where you find it, and one lucky random winner will get both items. This contest ends in one week, on August 17, so be sure to post right away!
And thanks, Sephora, for the treats.